- Print content off our site for personal use as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© Something Swell Media. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.SomethingSwellBlog.com.”
- Re-post a summary of content (or an excerpt of up to 100 words) with a link back to the original post
- Link to our site or any of our public posts
- Re-post images that are owned by Something Swell Media, but only with attribution to Something Swell Media and a link to the original post
You May Not:
- Re-posting our content in its entirety
- Altering or selling any content on this site
- Translation of our writings into another language
- Re-post of images without attribution and link
To request permission for any of the uses on the above “You May Not” list, please contact us.
By posting on this blog, you agree to the policies below:
We always welcome comments on our blog, but please keep your comments clean and related to the content. We reserve the right to remove any comment. Feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on the post as long as your comment’s content is not offensive, defamatory, abusive, or otherwise mean/inappropriate.
You may comment anonymously or under a name/username. The email address you use to submit a comment will not be displayed on our site and will not be sold or used to contact you unless you request to be contacted. If you would like to subscribe to the Something Swell Media newsletter using your email address, you may do so here.
Ownership of Comment
You retain ownership of comments you leave on our site; you simply grant us a license to post your comments. You grant us the right to store, transmit, display, use, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including – but not limited to – a blog post, in a book, or in a video.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from any comment you leave on this site. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights for the comments you post on this site and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the website of Something Swell Media without revealing any personal information. However, Something Swell Media needs certain personal information if you wish receive our newsletter or make enquiries/comments to our company.
- Something Swell’s Shop (powered by Etsy) requires certain information if you wish to order products.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. Something Swell Media will use this information to reply to your comments, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your account, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- Something Swell Media automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. Something Swell Media may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However we do not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Something Swell Media may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of Something Swell Media to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information
- We may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of SomethingSwellBlog.com.
- We may in the future implement Display Advertising and Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. It means that third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Something Swell Media, along with third-party vendors including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to Something Swell Media. If you have provided personal information to us and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Annie at Annie(at)SomethingSwellBlog(dot)com.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your information is protected when you use our Etsy powered shop, for your privacy and security. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.Your data is stored through Etsy’s data storage and databases. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Further, Something Swell Blog retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
Questions or Suggestions