Hola chicas! Today we are talking about a super easy and yummy cocomel pretzel treat that you can make in just five minutes (yes you read that right). I have always been a real sucker for Valentine’s Day, it is my mom’s birthday and so I think that has always made it seem extra special. Whether I have had a significant other or not, who doesn’t love an excuse to tell everyone you love them and eat a sh*t ton of chocolate? I’ll take that any day.
For these treats I used trusty old JJ’s Cocomels of course (honestly they didn’t request this post, I just wanted to use their cocomels because they are the best!). The traditional chocolate covered cocomels would work perfectly too, but I actually used the jazzy sea salt five pack and they turned out ah-mazing.
- - JJ's Chocolate Covered Cocomels (the 5 packs make a nice small batch)
- - 1 bag Waffle Cut Pretzels (check the label to ensure they are vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place waffle pretzels on cookie sheet and place one cocomel on each pretzel.
- Bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squish a waffle pretzel on top of the warm cocomel.
- Let cool before eating.
- You can store these in an airtight container for up to one week.
While this treat isn’t over the top “Valentiney” per say, it is quick and totally customizable. If you wanted to jazz them up a little you could dip them in vegan white chocolate and add red/pink sprinkles. You could even add Wonka Sweetarts Valentines Hearts (the vegan equivalent of conversation hearts) to the top instead of the extra waffle pretzel. Basically, you cannot go wrong when the caramels are this delicious!
Also, just for reference, you can check out more vegan Valentine’s Day candy on PETA’s blog!