Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I know it sounds super basic, but the pumpkin spiced lattes, my birthday, the apple picking, the changing leaves, my birthday – it is all so magical to me. Honesty time…I have already picked out a plethora of Halloween decorations and pinned them to a secret Pinterest board. The only issue is that since we moved from Ohio to Texas we will no longer get to experience the actual weather change that comes with fall.
That is why we have decided to make the most of it and extend our summers out a little longer (like infinitely). And one of my favorite summertime staple beverages? Sangria. I typically serve make it with white wine (or as I like to call it patio wine), but I decided to switch it up a bit this time. Since red wine always seems like such a classic cozy up, rainy day beverage, I thought it would be perfect for a fall sangria recipe.
This is seriously such a delicious recipe, and the best part is that it takes roughly 5 minutes to make! So when your friends across the street text to say they are popping over and you totally spaced it you can whip this recipe up in a flash. Or, even better, if you are going to throw a little fall fete, this fall sangria would pair perfectly with a vegan eggplant “parmesan” and some pumpkin pie.
- - 1 bottle red table wine
- - 1 16oz bottle ginger beer
- - 1 grapefruit
- - 1 lemon
- - 1 cup chopped strawberries (optional)
- Chop grapefruit and lemon into slices.
- In a large pitcher, mix together chopped fruit, red wine and ginger beer (put some lemon to the side to decorate the sides of your glasses if you would like).
- Serve in large wine glasses and drink on the patio 🙂