Maintaining a Vegan Lifestyle When You’re Busy

Fresh_n_Lean_02

I think that one of the hardest parts about maintaining a vegan lifestyle is the time that it takes. If you really think about it, all of the quick “on-the-go” meals that you typically eat on a busy day, are full of animal products (burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, most sandwiches). Having a vegan lifestyle is totally worth the hassle, but it is tricky at times.

With how much we have traveled lately (Austin last week and Chicago this weekend) it has been really difficult to maintain our vegan habits and a balanced diet. In crazy times I often find myself eating tons of frozen vegan foods like chickenless nuggets and Daiya pizzas. While these options are still vegan, that by no means makes them healthy. That is where Fresh n’ Lean comes into play!

Fresh_n_Lean_01

So what is Fresh n’ Lean?

Fresh n’ Lean provides meals that are not only 100% plant based, filling and delicious, but also affordable. In fact their prices are comparable to any fast food meal. There are a variety of meal options available for all times of day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). You can also customize your plan to make it personal for your allergies and dining preferences.

Oh and my favorite part? All of the containers are not only made from  recycled post materials unlike other meal delivery services, they are also reusable and dishwasher safe!

My favorite meal had to be the walnut raisin cake, but the wild rice and veggie stir fry was a close second! If you are looking for a truly unique and strictly vegan meal delivery service, this is the place to go.

Have you ever tried a meal delivery service? If so, what did you think?

*I received free sample meals from Fresh n’ Lean in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are and will always be my own.*

Share:

18 Comments

1. August 3, 2016 / 4:30 pm

The services sound amazing! And it doesn’t hurt that it’s affordable too!

• Annie
      August 3, 2016 / 4:35 pm

I know right? Affordability is key ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for reading Najah!

• Annie
      August 4, 2016 / 1:36 pm

THanks Nada!

2. Sister Tales
    August 3, 2016 / 5:11 pm

We admire you so much for being a vegan! One of our good friends is a vegan and she was explaining how the only hard part (your words exactly!) is the time it consumes. She has to bring food for herself wherever she goes. I forwarded your blog to her, I think it’s something she will enjoy reading!

xoxo, Simona and Indre

• Annie
      August 3, 2016 / 8:19 pm

Wow thanks so much Simona and Indre! That means a lot to me ๐Ÿ™‚ It really can be quite a struggle especially when you get off work late and you’re tired or coming home from the airport. Hope she finds my blog helpful and thanks again for reading! xx

3. August 3, 2016 / 7:16 pm

This looks so yummy! I’m not a full vegan but I try to maintain it as much as possible. With these great tips I’ll do even better ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you so much for sharing something about Fresh n’ Lean!
    xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com

• Annie
      August 4, 2016 / 1:37 pm

Good for your Carmen! Even just the smallest dietary changes can make all the difference ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for reading!

4. August 3, 2016 / 11:57 pm

I am so glad I read this post. I transitioned to a plant based diet around six months ago and it’s the best thing I could have done. With that being said, I have two little ones and between wifing, moming, blogging, and well life…I feel like I’m having such a hard time keeping up and making sure I’m eating enough and the right amounts of nutrients I need. I’ve been in the same boat with the pre-packaged eating on the go type of options. I absolutely need to look into this because I think it would really be beneficial to our lives.

Amanda

ASparklingStickyStyle.com

• Annie
      August 4, 2016 / 1:33 pm

I am so glad you found this helpful Amanda! I can only imagine how much harder it would be to stay vegan with young children as well! Good for you and I hope that you enjoy Fresh n’ Lean. Thanks so much for reading!
      xx Annie

• Annie
      August 4, 2016 / 1:36 pm

It is definitely tricky at times! Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

• Annie
      August 4, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Thanks girl! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. August 5, 2016 / 1:41 pm

I think such a healthy delivery service really makes sense! I have to admit I never tried out and of such services as I cook normally by myself (and I have lunch in the canteen in our company where healthy food is offered). But this sounds as a great alternative, thanks for sharing as healthy food is important for me.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Annie
      August 8, 2016 / 4:23 pm

That is so nice that you have a healthy spot to eat at work! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for reading! xx

• Annie