I know that I am not alone here when I say that coffee is my day wine. Coffee is a magical elixir, that fuels leaders to success and it is what gets me out of bed in the morning (otherwise I would snuggle my cat all day against his will). You might think that I am being hyperbolic, but I don’t think I am. That is why morning coffee isn’t enough and I have added in an additional afternoon iced coffee each day
The only problem with most iced coffees? Now that I am vegan, soy milk just doesn’t seem to cut it. The magic of a full fat, milky iced coffee has been eluding me and I have been determined to come up with a new recipe that satisfies that craving. Lucky for you I have decided to share this top secret recipe with all of you! It is so quick that I can make it in a jiffy before an afternoon meeting or even before work on a particularly hot day.
- -2 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- -1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- -1/8 tsp salt
- Mix together all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on the lowest setting for 6 hours.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Use a spoonful in your iced coffee as it will dissolve easier than plain sugar and will be more flavorful as well.
This recipe is for vegan sweetened condensed milk and it is perfect for adding to your iced coffee, but you can also add a dash of cinnamon or a flavored syrup – vanilla and caramel are my favorite!