In a lot of ways, I am a total creature of habit. I weirdly love reading about other people’s morning routines and finding little things that I can implement into my daily routines with ease – I do yoga every morning because Cara Delevingne told me to. One of the main things that I have always heard mentioned by successful women is drinking green juice. When I first heard the concept, I was skeptical to say the least…drinking kale in the morning? That sounds….delicious. NOT (sorry…Borat moment there).
Anyways, one of my new year’s resolutions was to juice more so I decided to test out a few recipes I found online. I have to say that I was totally blown away! As long as there is some sort of fruity element in the juice (pineapple or apples etc) green juice is shockingly delicious. Citrus and ginger can also help to ease up the flavor of the kale and spinach.
I have been making good on my resolution these past two weeks since I have had a bit more time on my hands and so I have been trying to perfect my green juice. You guys…I think I have done it. This recipe is my absolute favorite and is an integral part to my mornings now. It is like you can feel the magical nutrients entering your body and getting everything working perfectly!
- -1/2 a cucumber
- -4 large celery stalks
- -6 kale leaves
- -1 green apple (quartered)
- -1 small handful of spinach
- -1 1/2" long piece of ginger
- -1/2 a lemon
- In your juicer, combine all ingredients except for lemon.
- Once your juice is complete, squeeze lemon juice into it.
- Mix well as the juice often wants to separate.
- This recipe tastes best if you drink it immediately, but you can store it for up to 2 days in an airtight bottle in the fridge.