Change One Thing // New Series

Hello all and happy Friday! This week has been absolutely ah-mazing (understatement of the century). Working on the blog from home is what I have been doing every Saturday and Sunday for over a year so basically now my entire work week feels like the weekend, one of the benefits of doing what you love for a living. The only thing that could end this week on an even higher note would be ANNOUNCING A NEW SERIES! *cue the roar of an excited audience* This is possibly my favorite series ever because I think that it is quick, helpful and fun for everyone involved. The series is called “Change One Thing” and every Friday we will be featuring a tip on one teensy-tiny thing that you can change in your daily life to make the world a better place. With that in mind I present you with our first ever tip – drum-roll please:

Meat Your Maker
Change One Thing: Meat Your Maker

When I switched to becoming “vegan” (I still eat dairy occasionally in restaurants) I was so worried that strict vegans would look down on me or that I wouldn’t know how to classify what exactly I was comfortable eating. But when I heard the statistic that going vegan saves 198 animals a year (vegetarians save 100), I knew I had to act.

But here’s the thing, maybe you don’t want to go vegan because you can’t give up cheese, but meat and eggs are not your jam. So just stop eating meat and eggs and keep munching on the brie! The whole reason you are making this change is to help the environment as best as you can! So you like meat? That is fine, but instead of eating meat every day, maybe cut yourself down to four days a week.

The point I am trying to make is that you don’t need to put a label on it, just cut down where you feel the most comfortable and where you are less likely to cave later on due to cravings.

Also don’t forget that not all of your ecological impact comes from food. You could continue to eat cheese and maybe plant some flowers that help repopulate bees in your yard. Or keep eating meat three days a week and start buying non-animal tested beauty products. Life is about balance and everyone finds theirs in a different spot.
Share:

33 Comments

June 24, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Thanks Deanna ๐Ÿ™‚

June 24, 2016 / 12:59 pm

Thanks Rena! I agree ๐Ÿ˜‰

June 24, 2016 / 3:38 pm

Thanks Faye ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Amy Arnold
    June 24, 2016 / 3:38 pm

I love the idea of smaller, more manageable changes.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

June 24, 2016 / 5:40 pm

Thanks so much Amy! ๐Ÿ™‚ Manageable was the goal ๐Ÿ™‚

2. June 24, 2016 / 3:48 pm

Congrats on being able to blog full time! That is so amazing and something I aspire to be able to do someday. I would seriously love it if you could provide any tips/tricks on what has made your blog so successful and how you were able to take the leap (feel free to send via email papanekjulia@gmail.com). If you have any free moments, I would really appreciate it! It is truly inspirational to see someone who was able to do it! When did you start your blog? Also, I love this tip!! Vegan is the way to go, even if you aren’t doing it every day of the week. Thanks so much for sharing this, love!

June 24, 2016 / 6:07 pm

Oh my goodness Julia, this comment totally made my day! I am by no means a big time blogger, but I am happy to share with you what I have learned thus far in my one year (and two months I think?) of blogging! I will shoot you over a separate email today ๐Ÿ™‚

3. June 24, 2016 / 9:17 pm

That’s a wonderful idea for a series! I definitely could not give up meat all together (Texan born here), but you make a good point that it would be easy to cut it out for a meal or two. Can’t wait to see the next one thing post…
    Carly from Dresses & Denim

June 24, 2016 / 9:32 pm

Thanks so much Carly ๐Ÿ™‚ I am glad to hear you like the series!

4. June 25, 2016 / 3:38 am

Congrats on being able to blog full time!!! Honestly I can’t imagine anything more exciting!! #lifegoals And good for you for becoming vegan! I feel like changing to a vegan or even vegetarian diet is a lot of work, which has kept me from even considering it. Were there any resources you found helpful? I’ll need all the help I can get! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Neelam

5. June 25, 2016 / 1:15 pm

I was a vegan for 8 years and 2 years ago I switched to vegetarian cause one night the cheese and chocolate spoke to me and we made an agreement. ๐Ÿ™‚

June 25, 2016 / 4:22 pm

Good for you Louann! Either way you made such an impact by giving up meat and most dairy haha Chocolate and wine are the real toughies for me too! Brie calls my name haha

6. Tamara
    June 25, 2016 / 5:44 pm

This is a great idea! Starting small is always better.

XoXo,

Tamara – LoveofMode.com

June 27, 2016 / 2:06 pm

Thanks Tamara! Yes much more accessible that way ๐Ÿ™‚

June 27, 2016 / 2:07 pm

Thank you Nora! ๐Ÿ™‚

June 27, 2016 / 2:07 pm

Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

7. June 26, 2016 / 5:06 am

Great idea for a series and great advice too! It is a balance, but a little change now and then can make a lot of difference ๐Ÿ™‚

Away From The Blue Blog

June 27, 2016 / 2:08 pm

Yea all about that balance! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great day!

8. June 26, 2016 / 3:19 pm

What a great idea! I love the idea of not having to label yourself, but just doing what you can and what you are comfortable with to make the world (and your body!) a better place.

Via Sora || instagram ยท twitter ยท pinterest ยท bloglovin

June 27, 2016 / 2:05 pm

Thanks so much Sora! Yay for a healthy planet and a healthy body ๐Ÿ™‚

June 27, 2016 / 2:05 pm

Thanks Erin! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. June 27, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Hi Annie:

I have always loved the concept of changing one small thing. It really makes big changes so doable. I went from eating a pescetarian diet to one that included poultry again for health reasons, but I still try to make a lot of beans each week for health, animal, and environmental. I so appreciate the work you are doing here and look forward to more little changes ideas!

Cheers,

Amy

June 27, 2016 / 7:24 pm

Hey Amy! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I think it is great that you make an effort to help out the environment in a way that works for you ๐Ÿ™‚ Good on you and thanks again for reading! xx

10. July 25, 2016 / 8:23 pm

I love this!! That’s really neat that you’re doing this new series, I’m a huge fan of small (very tiny) challenges to push yourself into becoming the best you you can be!

— Dara

July 27, 2016 / 5:50 pm

Thanks so much Dara! I love to think that this series makes small changes more accessible to everyone! I appreciate the thoughtful comment!